(a) how we collect, store, use, handle and disclose your personal information as you use https://www.nepeanmobilevet.com.au (Site) and purchase our products and/or services;
(b) how we aim to protect the privacy of your personal information.
(3) We respect the rights and privacy of all individuals and are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s), and protecting the personal information that we hold.
2. What personal information do we collect?
(1) Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified person, or information from which a person could reasonably be identified. That is regardless of whether the information or opinion is true, and whether or not it is stored in a material or intangible/electronic form.
(2) We collect the types of personal information required to assist us in providing our products and services, fulfilling our functions and activities and informing you about them.
(3) This includes personal information such as:
(a) contact details such as your name, date of birth, gender, phone number, email and address;
(b) financial information such as your bank account and credit card details;
(c) information obtained through your interaction with the Site and which is collected through various technologies (such as Cookies);
(d) information to assist our relationship management, which may include information relating to your interests, experiences and preferences; and
(e) any other personal information you provide to us.
3. How do we collect personal information?
The information we collect may fall into three (3) categories, being:
(1) personal information you voluntarily supply to us to purchase our products and/or services, make enquiries with us or to use the Site;
(2) tracking information and other unique identifiers we collect as you navigate through the Site; and
(3) personal information about you provided to us by third parties.
4. How do we use your personal information?
(1) We will use personal information you provide for the primary purposes of:
(a) informing you about our products and/or services, including conducting promotional and marketing activities;
(b) improving our business and our products and services;
(c) using that information as part of the provision of the products and/or services by us;
(d) administering our relationship with you by:
(i) responding to your enquiries; and
(ii) providing you with information about our products and/or services that may be of interest to you;
(e) enabling you to interact with us on the Site and to record your interaction with the Site;
(f) any other purposes that may be expressly stated in terms and conditions that you agree to; and
(g) secondary purposes incidental to these primary purposes.
(2) By submitting your personal information, you consent to us using it to:
(a) provide you with our products and/or services;
(b) administer our relationship with you;
(c) monitor online activity on the Site;
(d) market, improve and add to our products and/or services;
(e) respond to a serious threat to an individual’s life or to public health or safety;
(f) respond to suspected unlawful activity; or
(g) where required or authorised by law.
5. Who do we disclose your personal information to?
(1) We may use and disclose your personal information to governmental or regulatory authorities upon request being made or otherwise as required by law.
(2) Otherwise, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent.
(3) We will generally seek your consent to disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
(a) Where it is necessary for the provision of our products and/or services to you.
(b) For administrative or other business management purposes.
(4) Where you have consented to us disclosing your personal information to a third party that is located overseas:
(a) we will endeavour to notify you of the country or countries to which your personal information will be disclosed at the time you provide your consent; and
(b) before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, we will take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the APP’s or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme.
(5) Any disclosure of your personal information to third parties is always done on a strict confidential basis (as far as is reasonably practicable).
6. Will you receive direct marketing?
(1) Yes. You authorise us to send you promotional messages and materials related to our products and/or services (including through a third party service provider), unless you submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications.
(2) Our direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) that allow you unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing communications.
(3) If you do not wish to receive marketing or other communications from us, please submit a request not to receive direct marketing communications or use the unsubscribe facility provided in the most recent marketing communication from us or contact us.
7. Security of your personal information
(1) We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is not misused, interfered with, altered or otherwise unlawfully accessed.
(2) We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
(3) If we become aware that a third party has accessed or used your personal information without permission and such breach is likely to place you at risk of serious harm, we will endeavour to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law.
(4) Subject to our obligations at law to maintain personal information, we will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required by us.
8. How can you access and correct your personal information?
(1) You generally have the right to access your personal information free of charge, subject to some limitations contained in the Privacy Act.
(2) The APP’s set out some circumstances in which we are not required to provide you with such access. If you ask for your personal information and any of these circumstances exist, you may be given access to the personal information in a way that is permitted under the Privacy Act.
(3) To protect personal information held by us, you may need to confirm your identity before access to your personal information is granted and you must be reasonably specific in your request.
(4) We endeavour to respond to your request to access your personal information within seven (7) days of your request. However, it may take a little time to process your application for access and retrieve information from storage (if applicable).
(5) We encourage you to update us so that we have accurate, current and complete information. You may correct any errors or request that we delete all or some of your personal information. You may also submit a request not to have any further contact from us.
(6) Unless otherwise prohibited by the Privacy Act, we may charge you a reasonable administration fee to reflect the cost to us for providing access to your personal information.
(7) If we refuse your request to access your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal.
9. Can you remain anonymous or withhold personal information?
(1) Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself and deal with us on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym.
(2) However, if you do not provide us with required personal information we may not be able to provide you with the requested products and services.
11. How can you complain about privacy breaches?
(2) Our Privacy Officer will promptly review all complaints and other requests received and respond to each complainant upon due consideration (which may require further information to be provided).
(3) If a privacy concern or complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
12. Who can you contact about your personal information?
To contact us about your personal information, concerns or complaints, email or call our Privacy Officer on:
(1) Email: email@example.com
(2) Phone: 0429 668 384